The simple answer is maybe. If you’re seeking ways to get your business to a wider audience, are willing to invest money and time, and have clearly identified your ideal audience, then yes, internet marketing may be a good fit for your business. If you think it will magically get the perfect leads to your inbox, cost nothing, and fix a failing business, then no, digital marketing is not what you need.
At Mountain Media, we specialize in building websites, internet marketing (also called digital marketing), website hosting, and Seach Engine Optimization (SEO). If you’re ready to take the leap to digital marketing, we’re here for you!
Internet Marketing in a Nutshell
Years ago, I worked for a social media manager who had a restaurant client. Their primary business was breakfast and lunch sandwiches, featuring a special sandwich each day. This was back in 2010 when social media was primarily Facebook.
Businesses were just starting to figure out how they could get a foot in the door to meet their ideal customers. On the surface at least, it seemed like a great place to market a restaurant, which it was, but it was not a cure for lousy tasting sandwiches and poor service. It’s still like that today.
- Internet marketing is NOT a cure for a failing business or a bad product. Whether it’s a restaurant with a terrible meatball grinder or an IT services firm without a clearly defined target market, digital marketing isn’t the answer. The problems run deeper than getting customers in the door.
- Internet marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. Unless you already have an established brand or a well-known family name, it’s unlikely social media will sell your product overnight. It takes time to build an online audience that acts, even if the call to action is clear. Many businesses will offer an opt-in like subscribing to a newsletter where they can build trust and tell their audience about their business. Over time, this will get them warmer leads and yes, eventually customers.
- Follow up with leads. If you are investing time and money in an internet marketing strategy and implementation, then it is important to follow up with leads. This isn’t the job of the internet company, that’s where your team comes into play. We can generate leads through SEO and paid ad campaigns, but closing the sale is up to you.
- Digital Marketing expands your audience. If you’ve sent flyers and shared your business in networking groups, it’s time to extend your reach to a wider audience. Digital marketing introduces your business to more people who you may not otherwise reach.
- Internet Marketing can be targeted to your ideal customers. MSP Marketing, for example, is a target market on which Mountain Media focuses its efforts. We can create strategies for whomever you’d like to reach. Take note that it’s not “everyone” or “all the people” in an industry; it should more specific than that.
- Get ahead of the competition. Digital marketing, or internet marketing, can get your business ahead of the competition because we can target strategies to reach your ideal customers.
When it comes to answering the question of whether internet marketing is right for your business, the answer is a firm maybe. If you’re willing to invest the time and resources, it can be a game changer for your business. Interested in learning more? Contact Mountain Media today!